Release notes van Password Complexity Manager
Version 1.8.1 Build 1038 (26 April 2013)
- Added the users container to the Organizational Unit structure in the OU selection dialog.
- Added a license agreement dialog to the installer.
- Added blacklist functionality. It is possible to make a black list of words or regular expression, a password may not match any items on the list.
- Added additional translations for the rules.
- Windows 8 support.
- Fixed the compatibility issue with PCM and the SSRPM Offline, and ESSOM GINA.
- Fixed a possible crash bug in the filter DLL, this crash could also hang the domain controller.
- Fixed the issue that the password policy rules were not shown if the check "user must change password on next logon" was used on Windows 7 systems.
Version 1.8.0 Build 1037 (13th April 2012)
- Multi lingual support (includes translations for English, Dutch and French).
- Minimum password age is now in minutes instead of days.
- Split the similarity rule into two rules password similarity and name similarity. The password similarity rule is only displayed and used in the GINA and the Credential Provider.
- Fixed a possible crash bug in the PCM Admin Console when adding users.
Version 1.7.5 Build 1036 (6th March 2012)
- Fixed the issues with the 64 bit installer.
- Fixed the issues with the similarity rule.
- Added the option to enable logging in the PCM COM object.
- Fixed the issue with the scope, that PCM could not match users in an OU unless it was a nested OU.
- Fixed domain scope.
Version 1.7.1 Build 1032 (2 December 2011)
- PCM now uses a different library for the regular expressions.
- The credential provider will display the Tools4ever logo.
- Fixed the display issue with special characters in the rule descriptions.
- Fixed the SSRPM compatibility issue, where PCM rejects the temporary password generated by SSRPM.
Version 1.7.0 Build 1031 (30 September 2010)
- Client software for Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Password Complexity Manager is compatible with Windows Server 2008
- Updated the license model
- Fixed crash bug that occurred when a user copied a policy and then changed the copy
- PCM no longer shows an error dialog after successfully exporting the log to file
- PCM no longer shows an error dialog after when opening the log settings dialog for the first time
- Corrected the functionality of the organizational unit selection dialog.
- Corrected the order of the pages of the management dialog
- Refined the log messages
- Fixed various interface issues in the Admin console
- Updated the GINA to reduce the flickering of the icons
Version 188.8.131.52 - Initial release
Supports multiple policies
A policy can apply to specific users, Organizational Units or an entire domain
For each policy you can specify:
- The maximum password length
- The minimum password length
- The minimum password age in days
- The maximum number of consecutive identical characters
- The password must contain one or more of the following:
- a lowercase character
- an uppercase character
- a number
- a symbol
- or a character from a set of specified characters.
- You can provide a custom regular expression to make sure the password meets a specific requirements, for example it must start with an uppercase character.
Includes a wizard to install and manage the PCM filter on the domain controllers
Includes a GINA extension to show the password requirement to the end user.