Release notes SpaceGuard SRM
SpaceGuard SRM 6.1 build 1115, Release date October 3th, 2008
- CLI: Fixed The ADD command line option in the command line interface did not allow more that two quota limits to be specified.
- Service: Fixed If a license code was not present, the site license name would be automatically set to 'DEMO'. Because of this, the license check could fail after entering a correct license code.
SpaceGuard SRM 6.0 build 1114, Release date January 9th, 2007
- Service: Fixed several possible lockups which could occur while loading corrupted configuration data.
- Service: Fixed possible crash when loading corrupt quota information.
- Service: Fixed an issue that resulted in a 'Service hung on startup' error message in the event log even though the service started normally.
- Service: Fix: An incorrect port number could be used by the service.
- Service: Fixed bug in unrevoking access.
- Service: Fixed license propagation bug.
SpaceGuard SRM 6.0 build 1113, Release date April 11th, 2006
- CLI: Upgrade Service through the command line.
- Service: Fixed a bug in revoke access alarm action which caused quotas and policies to get lost. This could only occur when performing an upgrade from SpaceGuard 4.2.
- Console: Editing and applying quota policies has been redone to fix several issues.
SpaceGuard SRM 6.0 build 1112, Release date March 10th, 2006
- Service: Fixed a possible crash in the quota engine (may occur while renaming directories).
- Service: Fixed a problem regarding cluster resources.
- QQT: Fixed a problem with shares that have long paths.
SpaceGuard SRM 6.0 build 1111, Release date November 1st, 2005
- Console: Support for sending mail on a different port number has been added. To specify a different port enter 'mailserver.mydomain.com:myport'.
- QQT: Logging to the Quota Query Tool has been added.
SpaceGuard SRM 6.0 build 1109, Release date August 30, 2005
- General: The Quota Query Tool has been changed. Quota's are now detected automatically by the Quota Query Tool for the logged on user.
- Console: An erroneous message has been fixed when upgrading a service with an unknown version.
- Console : Several typo's fixed.
- Console: Ampersand signs in text would not be displayed correctly in several places in the user interface.
- Console: To prevent confusion, the 'site name' for a site license now has to be entered in a different screen.
- Console: Not all policies could always be selected in the Add Quota Wizard when using the option 'edit quota policy'.
- Console: Invalid licenses are now also displayed in the license overview window.
- Console: The 'alias' entry in the drop down list in the User Inclusion configuration tab has been changed to 'local group'.
- Console: The main screen could corrupt on some configurations when resizing windows.
- Service: In rare cases the quota configuration could be overwritten when a license violation occurred. This has been fixed.
- Service: When revoking access with a delay, the delay would also be used when unrevoking. The delay for unrevoking has been removed.
- Service: In rare cases, alarm actions would not be executed. This would only happen when the quota had been created with a 'corrupted' policy. This problem has been fixed for all new and existing policies.
- Service: On Windows 2003 with SP1 some users would not be able to connect to the service anymore.
- Service: In rare cases an updated license code would not be saved. This has been fixed.
- Service: A possible memory leak in the Quota Engine has been fixed.
- Driver: A unnecessary error message has been removed when trying to delete a non-existing filter driver.
- CLI: When installing the service using the Command Line Interface, a question to synchronize the domain would sometimes popup. This popup has been removed.
SpaceGuard SRM 6.0 build 1106, Release date April 29, 2005
- CLI: Edit quota has been added to the command line interface
- Service: SMTP Email server can send multiline greetings. These long greetings were not handled correctly by the service.
- Service: Service security initialization failed when one entry was incorrect.
- Service: License code was not checked properly if a site license name was entered.
- Service: User assignment could return the same user or group name more than once.
- Service: Active directory keywords were not resolved for domain local groups.
- Service: On Windows 2000 the service could crash after sending MAPI Email.
- Service: File extension blocking failed if more than one file extension was specified for one quota.
SpaceGuard SRM 6.0 build 1098, Release date January 14, 2005
- General: Filter file extensions using the new filter driver.
- General: Added Quota Query Tool
- Quotas: Revoke access can now revoke access for multiple users.
- Quotas: Multiple users/groups can be linked to a quota. (Popup, Email and revoke access accept multiple users separated by commas)
- Quotas: A new keyword has been added '%GROUP_MEMBERS_EMAIL%'. This keyword wil resolve the email addresses of the users that are member of the group(s) linked to the quota.
- Quotas: Include users and groups based on name/type and rights from the ACL.
- Console: The User assignment test window did not display a username during tests.
- Console: Add/Edit exclude directory from Auto-Add dialog did not enable the 'OK' button when entering a directory in the edit box.
- Console: When testing user assignment, the exclusions were not taken into account.
- Console: Potential crash fixed when converting a time to a string that can be displayed to the user.
- Console: Sometimes when the upgrade question was answered with no, the question would popup over and over again.Cluster: When enabling cluster support the saving intervals did not change as needed.
- Console: Changing a policy when editing a quota and selecting only one thing to edit (for instance 'size') the client could crash.
- Console: When editing a custom tree item, the name would be changed, but the data ‘inside’ would still point to the original name, resulting in connection failures.
- Console: Due to security restrictions, persons other than administrators do not have read access to the remote registry (HKLM) in contraction to the ACL's. Therefore operators and such could no more connect to the service due to version checking. This has been fixed.
- Service: When a service update failed, the client would assume that the service was upgraded.
- CLI: When copying files using the command line interface in a specific way, the directory size was not updated.
- CLI: A possible failure to read the policy file using the command line interface was fixed.
- Service: The license check could fail during system boot if for instance the workstation service was not started yet. A delay and retry has been added.
- Service: Fixed a potential crash in the quota engine when deleting quotas that were created with an auto add without a quota on a parent directory.
- Service: Some files like SgMsg.dll will not be copied again when upgrading the service if they haven't been changed. This will solve problems when those files are locked.
SpaceGuard SRM 5.4 build 1090, Release date November 12, 2004
- Console: Added an Auto-Add list to the quota overview.
- Quotas: Added an import quotas from and export quotas to CSV file feature.
- Alarm actions: Added option to specify event log entry type. (Error,warning or informational)
- Console-Service: Centralized policies added. Policies can now be stored locally and remote on the SpaceGuard SRM service.
- CLI: Quotas and Auto-Add quotas can now be created using a policy from either a file or the policies stored on the service.
- CLI: Quotas can now be exported to a CSV file.
- Console: Fixed a problem where get directory size calculated a wrong size.
- Console: When quotas were renamed the size of the quota would not be updated on the connected consoles.
- Console-Service: Fixed a problem where the service could not be upgraded automatically by the console.
- Service: The service was not available for a few minutes after booting a system. This has been fixed.
- Service: In very rare situations, the service could crash right after removing a quota. This has been fixed.
- Service: Fixed a rare situation that changes in file sizes would not be handled after the deletion of a file.
- Console-Service: Fixed a rare bug that could potentially crash both console and service.
- Service: In some cases files copied by xcopy would not be handled. This would result in an incorrect quota size. This has been fixed.
SpaceGuard SRM 5.4 build 1087, Release date September 17, 2004
- Console: The SpaceGuard SRM console user interface has been restyled to provide a better experience when working with quotas.
- Quotas: The subject for e-mail alarm actions are now stored correctly.
- Quotas: Quota calculation for sizes larger than 2047MB are now accurate.
- Quotas: Auto-Add quotas placed on the root of a logical drive can now be edited and removed correctly.
- Quotas: Improved performance when adding and removing quotas.
- Console: When quota entries are highlighted during a sort action, the selection will no longer shift to another quota entry.
- Console: Greatly improved performance of quota sorting.
- Console: When searching for Active Directory Organizational Units, all entries are now displayed correctly in the user browse dialog.
- Console: When editing or removing a MAPI profile, the list of profiles is now updated correctly.
- Console: Custom folders can no longer be removed when the network tree's auto-refresh feature is enabled.
- Console-Service: Improved performance when transmitting large amounts of data between console and service.
- Service: The processor load no longer remains at 100% when the e-mail address in an alarm action contains single quotes.
- Service: TAPI will now
only be initialized on request.
SpaceGuard SRM 5.4 build 1084, Release date May 17, 2004
- Quotas: The option to automatically filter out specific user accounts or groups from the user resolve mechanism has been implemented.
- Quotas: Root shares such as COMPUTERShare were not resolved correctly, this has been fixed.
- Quotas: Shares pointing to a remote computer or a cluster are now automatically filtered out of the user resolve process.
- Quotas: Revoking access on private home directories with a private owner assigned to it works correctly. In previous versions this would fail due to insufficient rights held by the SpaceGuard SRM service.
- Quotas: When using multiple Windows 2000 keywords, all values would become empty when resolving a single keyword failed. This has been fixed.
- Quotas: Under some rare circumstances, the quota limit size keyword value was not calculated correctly. This has been fixed.
- Quotas: When applying a higher level quota when sublevel quotas already exist, for example when putting a quota on the users root folder when subdirectories of the user folder already have a quota, SpaceGuard SRM did not correctly remove quota engine monitors for these sublevel quotas, resulting in high memory usage.
- Service: The SpaceGuard SRM service could crash under some circumstances when using NT4 keywords in alarm actions. This has been fixed.
- Service: A possible service crash when removing quotas has been solved.
- Service: When stopping the SpaceGuard SRM service, all SAM/Active Directory user resolve operations are cancelled.
- Service: Several quota engine optimizations to improve performance and stability.
- Console: New and modified quota entries are automatically updated and sorted on-the-fly.
- Console: When selecting a column header, the scroll bar no longer resets.
- Console: When browsing for users using the user browse tree and selecting a user account from the "All Users" branch, this would result in an invalid username being returned to SpaceGuard SRM. This has been fixed.
- Console: When creating quotas for directories in the network browse tree that do not actually exist, the state of these quotas would stay on "initializing" indefinitely, this has been fixed.
- Console: Under some circumstances, the console could enter a not responding state when loading Exchange profiles.
- CLI INSTALL: The default service installation path was not correct, this has been fixed.
- CLI UNINSTALL: When uninstalling a service using this CLI command, the installation would abort displaying an error that the directory is not empty. This has been fixed.
- Cosmetics: The dialog text in the "Add Directory Quota" window has been updated to reflect the new window button layout.
- Cosmetics: Incorrect instances of -1 error messages in the service log have been replaced with the proper error message.
SpaceGuard SRM 5.4 build 1080, Release date April 9, 2004
- Cluster support: full support for Windows Server 2003 clustering in either active-passive or active-active configurations including automatic fail-over detection and quota handling.
- Quotas: Under some circumstances, private user folders where the domain administrators did not have access were not correctly accounted in the quota size.
- Quotas: When editing the user assignment of multiple quotas in the quota overview window, support for using keywords has been added.
- Quotas: When SpaceGuard SRM is initializing the quota size for a quota, this state is now correctly shown in the quota overview window. Previously, SpaceGuard SRM incorrectly reported that this quota folder was empty.
- Cluster: Support for Windows NT4 and Windows 2000 clusters was not working correctly. This issue only affected version 5.4 build 1078 and has been corrected in this release.
- Service installation: Under some circumstances, the service installation did not properly assign user privileges to the SpaceGuard SRM service account.
- Service installation: The service installation now defaults to the Windows system drive instead of choosing the first physical disk.
- Service installation: Under some circumstances, the actual demo code was shown instead of the word "DEMO".
- Service security settings: This dialog now reports an error message instead of incorrectly showing missing entries.
- Console: The user browse tree returned user names in an incorrect format, causing incorrect operation in a later stadium.
- Console: The column width was not saved when exiting the SpaceGuard SRM console.
- Console: The SpaceGuard SRM in this version will not allow multiple connections to the same SpaceGuard SRM agent.
- Console: The quota overview window is now sorted by default based on the quota folder name.
- Console: A single click on a computer with no SpaceGuard SRM agent installed in the network browse tree does no longer result in a failed service installation.
- Console: Sometimes the Auto-Add quota icon was missing on a folder in the network browse tree. This has been fixed.
- Console upgrade: When running the InstallShield wizard to upgrade the SpaceGuard SRM console, the upgrade could fail due to the console still being active on the computer.
- Command Line Interface: The command line interface now supports configuring the automatic quota user assignment for new quotas.
- Migration: The quota migration function to import settings from SpaceGuard 4.2 did not function in version 5.4 build 1078, this has been corrected.
- Manual: The CSV export format is now listed in the online help function.
- Manual: A special popup syntax addendum has been added to the popup alarm action help page in the online help.
- Cosmetic: The browse button for the "Add Directory" dialog when adding new quotas has been removed.
- Cosmetic: When sorting columns, the quota overview window would shift to the left upon redrawing. This has been addressed.
SpaceGuard SRM 5.4 build 1078, Release date February 25, 2004
- Quotas: Automatic link between quota and user. SpaceGuard SRM uses the Active Directory, permissions on the folder, owner or the folder name to determine the quota associated user account. When using this new feature, the target for popup, smtp/mapi e-mail and revoke access is automatically configured by default.
- Quotas: Quota export to a CSV file. When using this feature, SpaceGuard SRM will always export all quotas.
- Alarm actions: Alarm actions can contain keywords from the Active Directory. When combined with the automatic quota link, SpaceGuard SRM can show all Active Directory user attributes for the current quota user in alarm actions.
- Alarm actions: Alarm action debug logging for diagnostic purposes. These messages are stored in SpaceGuard SRM's own log file (sgsvc.log), inside the service directory.
- Unattended installation: Remote installation/uninstallation of the service using the SgSRMCLI.EXE command line tool.
- Network browse tree: Added the "recent" branch which automatically populates with computers recently used in SpaceGuard, and tooltips for servers.
- Service: Service will not start (error 1067) due to a corrupt quotas.dat. SpaceGuard SRM will now create a backup copy and replace the original when corrupt. This behaviour is logged in the Windows event log.
- Service: Possible crash in the quota engine has been fixed.
- Quotas: Revoke access: if the revoke target was a keyword, the revoke action when deleting a quota could fail. This resulted in the quota being deleted, but the revoke access permissions still being active on the actual folder.
- Quotas: An issue with ACE ordering in the ACL related to inheritable permissions has been solved.
- SMTP e-mail: Possible crash/log corruption when sending SMTP e-mail has been fixed.
- MAPI e-mail: A service crash related to sending large numbers of MAPI e-mail messages has been solved.
- General: Event log messages were moved from the event log to SpaceGuard SRM's own log file (sgsvc.log). This has been done to prevent unnecessary messages from flooding the windows event log. Only critical messages, for example license issues and starting/stopping the service will still be logged to the windows event log.
- Popups: The SpaceGuard SRM popup engine has been completely rewritten for better control over the method used to send the popup. See the popup addendum for the new syntax specifications. When combined with the automatic quota link, the user target is configured automatically.
- Performance: SpaceGuard SRM will now save its quota database every 5 minutes. Previously, every configuration change was saved immediately, causing slow performance when deleting and editing large numbers of quotas.
- Performance: SpaceGuard SRM console-agent communication has been improved.
- Performance: The general performance of the quota overview window has been improved, most noticable when creating and/or deleting large numbers of quotas.
- Import/export: Quota sizes and alarm actions are now correctly exported and imported.
- License code: Any trailing spaces in the license code field in the service configuration are now removed automatically.
- Cosmetic: The Popup, SMTP/MAPI and revoke access dialogs have been modified to reflect the addition of the new automatic user link. These dialogs now auto-select the quota user based on SpaceGuard SRM's auto detect mechanism.
COMPUTERUSER - local user
USER - SpaceGuard SRM will automatically try all combinations and send out the popup
DOMAINGROUP - domain group
COMPUTERGROUP - local group
GROUP - SpaceGuard SRM will automatically try all combinations and send out the popup
COMPUTER - SpaceGuard SRM will automatically try all combinations and send out the popup
To force the destination type, SpaceGuard SRM allows the following syntax additions (example U:TOOLS4EVERJSmith):
G: Domain group
L: Local group
SpaceGuard SRM 5.3 build 1067, Release date 11-13-2003
- Support added for Microsoft Cluster. SpaceGuard SRM is now a cluster aware application. (1061, 10-10 2003)
- Power User mode added. The SpaceGuard SRM service now supports four types of access: Administrator,Operator,Power User and User. (1061, 10-10 2003)
- Command Line Interface and API has been added. (1061, 10-10 2003)
- A copy function has been added to the policy management dialog. (1061, 10-10 2003)
- SgFS utility added. This utility can analyze and revert the filesystem back to it's original state (1061, 10-10 2003)
- Fixed a problem in the service installation when trying to install the service on another drive. (1061, 10-10 2003)
- Several cosmatic changes (1061, 10-10 2003)
- Keywords were not parsed in the commandline alarm action. (1061, 10-10 2003)
- Several keywords were never displayed, this has been fixed. (1061, 10-10 2003)
- Service security settings for user groups has been fixed. Users did not have enough rights to connect. (1061, 10-10 2003)
- When configuring MAPI the service could crash; this has been fixed. (1062, 24-10 2003)
- Fixed a bug that sometimes when quotas where added, they would not be monitored (The current size would stay at 0 Mb). (1062, 24-10 2003)
- The service installation on Windows 2003 could fail because of password complexity rules. (1062, 24-10 2003)
- When editing policies in the policy management window, the list would not be updated properly. (1062, 24-10 2003)
- When stopping and starting the service some configuration items like the SMTP server would not be loaded. (1062, 24-10 2003)
- When importing quotas from SpaceGuard 4.2 the client could crash when parsing entries with multiple E-mail addresses. (1067, 10-13 2003)
- When revoking access on Windows 2000/2003/XP the security entries where not ordered correctly. (1067, 10-13 2003)
- Several cosmetic fixes (1067, 10-13, 2003)
- Fixed a crash when stopping the SpaceGuard SRM service on Windows 2003 (1067, 10-13, 2003)
- On Windows 2003 the reset revoke access could fail because of incorrect rights assignents. (1067 10-13, 2003)
- A compatability issue regarding RFC 821 when using the SMTP alarm action has been fixed. (1067 10-13, 2003)
SpaceGuard SRM 5.2 build 1053, Release date 8-29-2003
- Support for MAPI E-mail has been added. SpaceGuard is now able to send out e-mail messages to MAPI compliant servers such as Exchange 5.x and Exchange 2000. (1051, 07-31 2003)
- The SpaceGuard SRM migration wizard has been updated to include the import of SpaceGuard 4.2 MAPI user targets assigned to quotas. (1051, 07-31 2003)
- Popup alarmactions can now be sent to local and global groups. (1051, 07-31 2003)
- The ability to browse for MAPI E-mail addresses, when configuring MAPI alarm actions, has been added. (1053, 08-29 2003)
- Engine optimization: the SpaceGuard SRM engine no longer needs to resolve user SID's when revoking access or resetting access rights. This results in increased engine speed and decreases the number instances of 1338 and 1332 error messages in the SpaceGuard log where the operating system was not able to resolve a user SID. (1051, 07-31 2003)
- When editing the size of Auto-Add policies, the add percentage and add absolute value were not properly recalculated. (1051, 07-31 2003)
- In some cases the SpaceGuard SRM service could crash when automatically removing quotas for directories that had been deleted. (1053, 08-29 2003)
- Several issues with revoke access: Revoke access could enter a "broken state"; when encountering a (minor) error the revoke or reset revoke would stop. (1053, 08-29 2003)
- When installing the service to a directory without a spaces the pathname would become invalid. (1053, 08-29 2003)
SpaceGuard SRM 5.1 build 1048, Release date 6-27-2003
- Added the ability to print quotas. (1044, 06-16-2003)
- Added the Auto-Add quotas function. (1044, 06-16-2003)
- Added Import and Export of quotas (1044, 06-16-2003)
- Added a wizard to upgrade from SpaceGuard 4.2 to SpaceGuard SRM (1044, 06-16-2003)
- Quotas and Auto-Add quotas are now visible in the network browse tree (1044, 06-16-2003)
- %QUOTA_DRIVE% keyword added (1044 06-16-2003)
- When getting the size of multiple directories, a total is now displayed (1044 06-16-2003)
- Service Connections are now visible in the network browse tree (1044 06-16-2003)
- When editing Quotas and Auto-Add Quotas the current size values are now displayed (1044 06-16-2003)
- Added the option to automatically refresh items in the network browse tree when expanding an item (1048 06-27 2003)
- The 'service setup' dialog always displayed the 'DEMO' license code even though the license was entered. (1044, 06-16-2003)
- E-mail alarm actions were only sent once after the alarm was triggered. (1044, 06-16-2003)
- When trying to install the SpaceGuard SRM service on a backup domain controller or a member server, the installation failed because the service account rights could not be set. (1044, 06-16-2003)
- When the demo expired the license information was displayed incorrectly. (1044, 06-16-2003)
- When a valid license code was entered after the DEMO period expired, the service engine did not restart immediately. (1044 06-16-2003)
- When sorting the main overview window with the quota state the quotas were not sorted correctly (1044, 06-16-2003)
- When the access to a directory was revoked, the SpaceGuard SRM service was not always able to reset the permissions (1044 06-16-2003)
- When importing email addresses from SpaceGuard 4.2 the 'smtp:' keyword was parsed incorrectly. (1046, 06-19 2003)
- When importing from SpaceGuard 4.2 the import will no longer terminate when encountering inconsistencies in the database files. (1046, 06-19 2003)
- Several cosmatic changes. (1046, 06-19 2003)
- When importing large amounts of quotas from SpaceGuard 4.2 the client terminated unexpectetly. (1048, 06-27 2003)
SpaceGuard SRM 5.0 build 1030, Release date 5-9-2003
- %QUOTA_REMAINING% keyword added. (1029, 05-07 2003)
- %DATE% and %TIME% keywords added. (1030, 05-09 2003)
- Added browse users and computers buttons throughout the product. (1030, 05-09 2003)
- Added get directory size option (1030, 05-09 2003)
- Client crashes when sorting main overview after deleting on or more items. (1028, 05-02 2003)
- The alarmaction select dialog did not appear and the popup alarmaction was automatically selected. (1028, 05-02 2003)
- When creating policies from 'manage policies', the policy name was not being saved. (1028, 05-02 2003)
- When checking the license code an error was displayed when the license was invalid. (1029, 05-07 2003)
- Alarmactions could not be edited if they had failed. (1029, 05-07 2003)
- Sometimes popups could not be sent (Error 2273), because of an invalid default message source. (1029, 05-07 2003)
- When editing limits and testing alarmactions a computername was asked, which was unnessesary. (1029, 05-07 2003)
- When trying to install the service from a workstation in a domain, the group 'domain admins' was not located correctly. (1029, 05-07 2003)
- When using (not editing) a policy to create a quota, an empty policy was selected. (1029, 05-07 2003)
- When an alarm action had a repeat count specified, the service would execute the alarmaction although it already was in progress. (1030, 05-09 2003)
- When editing limits, the screen was not refreshed properly and the limit name was not reset. (1030, 05-09 2003)
- When editing revoke access alarm actions and changing the username, the rights were not reset correctly. (1030, 05-09 2003)